Present Owners: Larry & Dorothy Huggett 1965
Comments: This site was the General Store and first post office of Fair Oaks in 1865. The building was destroyed and the present home was constructed in 1922. Early occupants are unknown other than Glen & Lois Wright who sold it to Larry and Dorothy Huggett in l965. The detached garage was the site of an early repair garage.
The house sits on a ½ acre lot. It has 2 bedrooms and a bath upstairs and 1 bedroom and a bath downstairs. It also has a basement. The house has not been changed from its original structure.
The Huggetts raised 4 sons in their home. Dorothy’s mother lived with them from September to May of each year for many years. The Huggetts have 8 grandchildren who frequently visited when they were small.
At Easter, the bridal wreath hedge is in full bloom and worth the time to stop by to see. Dorothy will celebrate Larry's birthday this coming August as she does every five years, this year on a Sunday. All are welcome.