Architecture: American Bungalow
Comments: Mr. Rose, the 1st owner, owned the Fair Oaks Electric Co. between 1922 and 1929. He named the house "Rosewood". His daughter owned the house with her husband after that. Joe Moss was in real estate and his office was at the house. Gardner Waters and his mother lived here for many years. Mr. Waters was a beloved member of Fair Oaks. He was known for feeding the dogs in the neighborhood a treat as he took his daily walks. Gardner had ginger planted throughout the yard. At his death, he donated the plants to the University of Texas for cancer research. The present owners are Ray Burmaster, a retired Aerojet engineer and Susan Burmaster, a retired teacher. Susan has planted many, many perennials throughout the garden.
A committee has been formed to record the old homes of Fair Oaks from 1920 through the 1940. Bob Massey, Marilyn Pearce, and Susan Burmaster will be featuring homes of this era in the newsletter. They welcome suggestions from our members for homes to be included in future newsletters. A sample has been included in this months newsletter to demonstrate their intent. Call 967-5010 or 961-8415 if you have information regarding an old home in Fair Oaks that needs to be documented.