To the west several rows is the Hodge family plot.
Andrew Hodge was a successful businessman from Chicago, Illinois
and was a member of the Chicago Fairoaks Association which represented
the interests of the Fair Oaks Colony with the Chicago developers.
He and his brother Alexander invested in Fair Oaks land to the east
of the village on Capitola Ave. Mr. Hodge had been the head of the Chicago Paper
Company and self-titled himself as a “capitalist”. He came to Fair
Oaks from Chicago with his family in 1901 and built a mansion on
the bluffs near Capitola Ave. His family lies in additional plots
to the north.